eSkills Malta Foundation
The eSkills Malta Foundation falls under the Ministry for the Economy, European Funds and Lands. The Foundation is a National Coalition made up of various representatives from Government, industry and education, who can contribute to the increase in digital skills and the development of the IT profession and help us with the following mandates:
- to advise Government and relevant stakeholders on matters related to eSkills policies;
- to contribute to the expansion of ICT educational programmes and related formative initiatives;
- to lead an ICT professionalism development programme;
- to instigate further reform in the ICT educational offerings and contribute to capacity-building of the ICT education community, and finally to
- to champion campaigns and promote the Maltese eSkills potential locally and internationally.
International best practises indicate that multi-sectoral partnerships are one of the key approaches in achieving synergy in the sustainable development of the right digital skills. The eSkills Malta Foundation was established by the Maltese Government to reflect this paradigm of inclusive synergy. The Founding members of the Foundation are the Ministry for Education and Employment, the Malta Information Technology Agency, the Malta Communications Authority, the Malta Enterprise, The Malta Gaming Authority and The Malta Chamber of Commerce Enterprise and Industry.