Publish in core platform
Target audienceDigital skills for ICT professionals and other digital experts.
Digital technology / specialisationInternet of Things
Digital skill levelDigital Expert
Geographic Scope - CountryEuropean Union
Industry - Field of Education and TrainingInformation and Communication Technologies (ICTs) not further defined
Type of initiative
Form of funding
Target groupPersons in tertiary education (EQF 6)
aerOS is a European research project (Horizon Europe CL4-2021-DATA-01-05) running for 3 years which aims at transparently utilising the resources on the edge-to-cloud computing continuum for enabling applications in an effective manner while incorporating multiple services. The overarching goal of aerOS is to design and build a virtualized, platform-agnostic meta operating system for the IoT edge-cloud continuum.
aerOS Open Call focuses on 2 main key points:
- extension of functionalities delivered by aerOS,
- expansion of application of aerOS in the five use case verticals considered in the project.
The main goals of aerOS’s first open call are:
- to validate and improve technical components of the aerOS meta operating system;
- to bring external actors (developers, domain experts, entrepreneurs, etc.) to create new solutions leveraging aerOS;
- promote the visibility of aerOS architecture and outcomes on the market
- gathering new inputs from IoT, edge, network and industrial experts
- extend application base of aerOS to other verticals outside the ones included in the proposal (domain-agnostic)
Only the following type of entities will be able to submit proposals:
- European SMEs
- Research centres (RTOs)
Operational eligibility criteria for proposals will also be:
- Only one entity per proposal will be admitted, so activities in co-operation will not be considered eligible (no Consortia allowed).
- Proposals must contribute to the aerOS paradigm and stick to aerOS technological principles.
- (For Open Call #1) – The proposal must be contextualised to one of the five pilots.
- The proposal must directly tackle one of the defined challenges.
- It is not necessary that the applicants are located in any of the pilot sites (Navarre or Basque Country –Spain, Germany, Milano – Italy, Biel – Switzerland, Poland, Kaiserslautern – Germany, Limassol –Cyprus, Athens – Greece).
For the first round of aerOS Open Calls, a budget of 420k€ is available considering the following:
- A maximum of 7 proposals will be funded.
- A maximum requested amount of 60.000€ per proposal might be accepted.
- Fixed duration of projects is 8 months.
Payments will be:
(ii) one interim payment according to the results of monitoring actions
(iii) final payment.
Opening date: 1st October 2023
Closing date: 31st January 2024 at 17:00 CET
Contact person: Ignacio Lacalle Úbeda (Universitat Politècnica de València – UPV)