Publish in core platform
Target audienceDigital skills for the labour force.
Digital technology / specialisationInternet of Things
Digital skill levelDigital Expert
Geographic Scope - CountryEuropean Union
Industry - Field of Education and TrainingInter-disciplinary programmes and qualifications involving Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
Type of initiative
Form of funding
Target groupPersons in tertiary education (EQF 6)
Digital Health Uptake (DHU), a projects funded under the European Union’s Digital Europe Programme, has launched a twinning programme, as part of DHU’s overall objective of strengthen capacity building for implementation/uptake by stimulating mutual learning between regions, Member States and countries associated with the Digital Europe Programme. The open call is offering financial support to third parties to support knowledge transfer on and scaling up of digital health innovation across Europe through the twinning programme.
Twinning Solutions are the digital know how which is transferred through the twinning activities to the Twinning Adopter. They may be evidence-based products, services, processes, methodologies, strategies and/or business models that have been scaled up in the Twinning Originator’s country/region. Successful twinning applications will be awarded grants to facilitate the knowledge transfer and upscaling through a series of online and offline visits and meetings between the participants. The topics must be based on digital technologies and should not have been used in the adopting region(s) before the twinning takes place.
Citizen/patient-focused twinning topics:
- Digital tools to support health education (health literacy), digital health literacy
- mHealth systems, wearable devices for monitoring and prevention, alerts
- Digital tools to support patient feedback and reporting of outcomes and experiences
- Digital tools to support proactive prevention, self-management, homecare, telemonitoring
- ICT supporting adherence to medication and care plans
- Robotics (e.g., companion robots)
- Tools and services supporting independent living, ambient assisted living technologies
Care practitioner-focused twinning topics:
- Advanced digital tools to support Integrated Care, including integration of health and social care services
- Interoperable digital solutions to support person-centred and integrated care
- Regional, national and local Electronic Integrated Care Record (EICR) systems, integration of EHR and social care records
- ICT support for management of frailty
- eLearning to support workforce development for person-centred integrated care
- up to €8,000
- the expected number of financed twinnings is 12.
For more information on the scope of the call and the procedural requirements for the applications, please follow this link.
The deadline for applications is 13 September 2023, 12:00 CEST (Brussels time).