Publish in core platform
Target audienceDigital skills for ICT professionals and other digital experts.
Digital technology / specialisationDigital skills
Digital skill levelDigital Expert
Geographic Scope - CountryEuropean Union
Industry - Field of Education and TrainingInter-disciplinary programmes and qualifications involving Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
Type of initiative
Form of funding
Target groupPersons requiring employment retraining
Living-in.EU invited experts in smart local communities with at least 5 years of experience and a strong network, especially in the local but also regional and national government, to become a Member State representative, as a part of the wider Living-in.EU movement.
The selected experts will be able to:
- Be a champion for Europe’s ambition to further digitalise the European Union, particularly focusing on the local level (irrespective of size or digital maturity), also on the regional and national level and leaving no one behind.
- Participate and help to set up information and dissemination sessions for the cities and local communities, on Europe’s digital policy, activities and tools.
- Help to promote the LORDIMAS assessment tool, a new and free interactive tool to measure your organisation’s digital maturity.
- Become a member of the Living-in.EU community, actively participate in various subgroups, and access a wealth of online resources.
Their role will consist in:
- Joining the Smart Communities network on a voluntary basis.
- Being the central point of contact to the relevant networks, organisations and initiatives in your country.
- Helping collecting information about networks, organisations, initiatives and their representatives that focus on digitalisation in your country.
- Facilitating local events on digitalisation, specifically the organisation of the national information session, and disseminate crucial information to the local stakeholders. These sessions will promote the LORDIMAS assessment tool and inform the participants on the Digital Europe Programme, data spaces, local digital twins etc.
- Ensuring a wide uptake of digital transformation processes by covering local needs e.g. translations, locally known speakers, selecting the location for, promotional tools and other instruments for the workshops.
- Heling shape country-specific action plans and calendars and participate in the Member States Representatives Group.
Find all the requirements here.
- You will attend an onboarding workshop in early 2024.
- You will attend the periodic (online) Member States Representative group, approximately every four months during this project from February 2024 until August 2025.
- You are expected to track progress of your member state events via the establishment of country specific working group(s) and via the support in establishing the country specific action plan. You will attend meetings tailored to your individual country with frequency and number determined by these country-specific action plan(s).
- You must help to provide regular reports to the network’s governing body or steering board.
How to apply:
Fill out the registration form, and submit a full profile, including:
- Your CV
- Recommended to have at least two letters from credible sources that can vouch for your skills and experience. These can be from colleagues, supervisors or other professionals in the field.
- A list of contacts in local and regional governments, as well as any relevant organisations or networks you are part of (name of the organisation, link to website, name of the contact person, function title, email address and phone number).
Selection process and timeline:
- Apply by 23rd November, 12:00h COB.
- The consortium will review applications in November 2023.
- Top 3 candidates will be interviewed in December 2023.
- One candidate per member state will be selected in December 2023.
- Selected candidates will be proposed for approval by the European Commission.
- An online kick-off meeting will be held in January 2024.
Don’t miss this chance to be at the forefront of the sustainable digital transformation in Europe.
Apply by 23rd November 2023, 12:00h COB.