Publish in core platform
Target audienceDigital skills for the labour force.
Digital technology / specialisationArtificial Intelligence
Digital skill levelBasic
Geographic Scope - CountryEuropean Union
Industry - Field of Education and TrainingInformation and Communication Technologies (ICTs) not further defined
Type of initiative
The State of AI Report analyses the most interesting developments in AI with the objective to trigger an informed conversation about the state of AI and its implication for the future. Now in its fifth year, the State of AI Report 2022 is reviewed by leading AI practioners in industry and research.
It considers the following key dimensions:
- Research: Technology breakthroughs and their capabilities.
- Industry: Areas of commercial application for AI and its business impact.
- Politics: Regulation of AI, its economic implications and the evolving geopolitics of AI.
- Safety: Identifying and mitigating catastrophic risks that highly-capable future AI systems could pose.
- Predictions: What the publishers of the study believe will happen and a performance review for transparency
Key points in the 2022 Report show that:
- New independent research labs are rapidly open sourcing the closed source output of major labs.
- Safety is gaining awareness among major AI research entities and AI safety is becoming a mainstream discipline.
- The China-US AI research gap has continued to widen, with Chinese institutions producing 4.5 times as many papers than American institutions since 2010
- AI-driven scientific research continues to lead to breakthroughs, but major methodological errors like data leakage need to be interrogated further.