Publish in core platform
Target audienceDigital skills for all
Digital technology / specialisationRobotics Software
Digital skill levelAdvanced
Geographic Scope - CountryMalta
Industry - Field of Education and TrainingGeneric programmes and qualifications not further defined
Type of initiative
Target groupPersons who have completed primary education
Typology of training opportunities
lab / simulation / practice coursework
Up to 1 week
OrganizationData Science Malta
Is this course free
Is the certificate/credential free
Type of training record
Training Start date
Part time light
Robotics and Coding
Data Science Malta
21st October 09:00 – 11:00
The “Robotics and Coding” workshop is specifically tailored to engage elementary and middle school students aged between 10 and 14 years old in the fascinating world of robotics and coding. This interactive and hands-on workshop aims to inspire young minds, fostering creativity, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills through the exciting field of robotics. Over the course of two engaging sessions, experienced facilitators will guide participants through a series of interactive activities and challenges. Students will have the opportunity to work with programmable robots, bringing their code to life and witnessing the immediate results of their coding efforts.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Introduction to Robotics: Familiarizing participants with the basics of robotics, robot components, and functions.
• Introduction to Coding: Introducing elementary coding concepts through a visual programming environment suitable for young learners. • Understanding Robot Motion: Learning to program robots to move in different directions and complete simple tasks.
• Sensors and Interactivity: Exploring sensors and how they enable robots to interact with the environment and respond to stimuli.
• Problem-Solving Challenges: Engaging participants in hands-on challenges, encouraging them to apply coding skills to solve real-world problems.
• Team-Based Coding Projects: Collaborating in teams to design and program robots for specific tasks and challenges.
• Creativity and Innovation: Encouraging students to think creatively and innovatively as they design unique robot behaviors.
• Robotics Showcase: Providing an opportunity for students to demonstrate their robot’s abilities to their peers and parents.
By the end of the “Robotics and Coding” workshop, participants will have gained hands-on experience in robotics and basic coding concepts. The workshop aims to instill a sense of curiosity and enthusiasm in young learners for STEM fields, nurturing their interest in technology and robotics. Moreover, the workshop fosters teamwork, cooperation, and problem-solving skills, preparing students for future challenges in the digital era.