Publish in core platform
Digital technology / specialisationDigital skills
Digital skill levelBasic
Geographic Scope - CountryEuropean Union
Type of initiative
EU institutional initiative
In this edition of our newsletter, we sift through ITPE highlights from 2020. Last year, we held the IT Professionalism Online Conference, e-CF User Group and Ethics Group meetings. The e-CF 4.0 was launched at the beginning of the year, and we have followed up with the ‘e-CF Explorer’, which guides new users through the updated e-Competence Framework. See the full list, as well as more recent news, below.
ITPE Events 2020
TC 428 Update
- First Working Draft of Guidelines for developing ICT Professional Curricula as scoped by the e-CF has been circulated for comments – deadline 10/01/2021
- Planned online meeting for comments resolution of WI 00428012 “Guidelines for developing ICT Professional Curricula as scoped by EN16234-1 “e-CF” – 20 January, 10:30 CET.
- Proposed decision 181/2021 – Liaison with ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7/WG 20 “Software and systems bodies of knowledge and professionalization” for approval – deadline 10/01/2021
- Adoption of a New Work Item CEN/TR “ICT accessibility competences — Guidelines for a more inclusive ICT development” (Proposed Decision CEN/TC 428 180/2020) – deadline 08/02/2021
- Next CEN TC 428 Plenary meeting planned for Q1 2021
- For more information, contact the ITPE team.
- 20 January 2021: CEN/TC 428 Comments Resolution Meeting for WI 00428012 “Guidelines for developing ICT Professional Curricula”
- Q1 2021: CEN/TC 428 Meeting
- Q1-2 2021: IT Professionalism Online Conference