Publish in core platform
Target audienceDigital skills for ICT professionals and other digital experts.
Digital technology / specialisationBlockchain
Digital skill levelDigital Expert
Geographic Scope - CountryEuropean Union
Industry - Field of Education and TrainingInter-disciplinary programmes and qualifications involving Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
Type of initiative
Form of funding
Target groupPersons in tertiary education (EQF 6)
BlockStand, a project funded under the EU Digital Europe Programme, has launched its selection process for experts in standardisation of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (DLT). BlockStand supports the increased participation of European experts in Blockchain and DLT (Distributed Ledger Technologies) standardisation activities.
The project has allocated up to 400.000 Euro to support expert standardisation activities in blockchain and DLT, in particular for:
- Producing technical reports
- Writing research studies
- Introducing new work items
- Actively participating in standardisation Technical Committees and Working Groups
- Engaging in other relevant activities (as specified in the Guidelines for Applicants)
BlockStand is looking for experts that:
- Are individuals or natural persons residing in European Member States and are affiliated to entities established (or having significant business interests) in the EU Member States
- Have profound knowledge in Blockchain and DLT standardisation activities
- Have experience regarding developments of standards, e.g., in SDOs, in reputable European or international organisations and Standardisation communities
- Are not already receiving financial support for the same proposed activities
The experts will have the possibility to submit their proposed activities as:
- Short-term contributions (duration: 3 months). Experts will submit a one-time deliverable.
- Long-term contributions (duration: 12 months). Experts will submit 2 or 3 deliverables.
For each deliverable, the expert will receive a lump-sum of 4.000 Euro. Each expert will receive the payments for a maximum of 3 deliverables. Experts may reapply for either short- or long-term contributions as long as the limit of 3 deliverables has not been reached.
- Budget: 400.000 Euro
- Active experts: 30-40
- Total of 100 contributions
- One deliverable: 4.000 Euro
- Maximum: 3 deliverables for Expert
The submission portal is open for a continuous rolling-on submission. Experts are welcome to submit their applications anytime, that will be evaluated, periodically, after the following cut-off dates taking place every two months until 15th february 2025:
- 15th September 2023
- 15th November 2023
- 15th February 2025 (final cut-off)
For more information on the selection process, the standardisation priorities and the upcoming cut-offs, please follow this link.