Publish in core platform
Target audienceDigital skills for ICT professionals and other digital experts.
Digital technology / specialisationArtificial Intelligence
Digital skill levelDigital Expert
Geographic Scope - CountryEuropean Union
Industry - Field of Education and TrainingInter-disciplinary programmes and qualifications involving Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
Type of initiative
EU institutional initiative
Form of funding
Target groupPersons in tertiary education (EQF 6)
The European Innovation Council (EIC) has launched an open call, the EIC Accelerator, to support individual small and medium enterprises (SMEs), in particular startups and spinout companies to develop and scaleup game-changing innovations.
The EIC Accelerator provides support in two modes:
- The EIC Accelerator Open, with an overall budget of €613 million for 2023, has no specific topics assigned.
- The EIC Accelerator Challenges, with an overall budget of €524.7 million, has specific topics attached that are beyond the digital sector.
To successfully secure funding, it is required to follow these 3 steps:
- Applications for the EIC Accelerator can be submitted at any time through a video pitch, slide and responses to a set of questions. Feedback within 4 weeks;
- If the application meets the basic criteria, a full application needs to be submitted to one of the periodic cut-off dates provided;
- If the application meets all of the criteria while being assessed by the experts, the final step will involve a face to face interviews with an EIC jury.
Please note that applications that meet all the criteria and are assessed positively by the EIC jury but not recommended for funding, will be awarded a Seal of Excellence to help them secure funding from other sources. The EIC welcomes applications from all EU-27 and Horizon Europe Associated Countries, in particular from startups and SMEs with female CEOs.
- grant funding (non-dilutive) of up to €2.5 million for innovation development costs, including demonstration of the technology in the relevant environment, prototyping and system level demonstration, R&D and testing (e.g. at least TRL 5/6 to 8).
- investments (direct equity investments or quasi-equity such as convertible loans) of up to €15 million managed by the EIC Fund for scale up and other relevant costs.
- EIC selected companies receive coaching, mentoring, access to investors and corporates, and many other opportunities as part of the EIC community.
For more information on the EIC Fund, the objectives of the call and the procedural requirements for the applications, please follow this link.
Deadlines for submitting full applications:
- 22 March 2023
- 7 June 2023
- 4 October 2023