1. Background Information
1.1 Beneficiary Country
The beneficiary country will be Malta within the context of the European Union.
1.2 Contracting Authority: The eSkills Malta Foundation
The eSkills Malta Foundation is a National Coalition made up of various representatives from Government, industry and education, who can contribute to the increase in digital skills and the development of the IT profession and help us with the following mandates:
- advise Government and relevant stakeholders on matters related to eSkills policies;
- contribute to the expansion of ICT educational programmes and related formative initiatives;
- lead an ICT professionalism development programme;
- instigate further reform in the ICT educational offerings and contribute to capacity-building of the ICT education community; and finally to
- champion campaigns and promote the Maltese eSkills potential locally and internationally.
The Maltese Government established the eSkills Malta Foundation to reflect this inclusive synergy paradigm. The members of the Foundation are the Ministry for Education and Employment, the Malta Information Technology Agency, the Malta Communications Authority, the Malta Enterprise, The Malta Gaming Authority and The Malta Chamber of Commerce Enterprise and Industry.
1.3 The Foundation for Educational Services
The Foundation for Education Services (FES) is an entity within the Ministry for Education that provides a range of innovative educational services and initiatives, including childcare, after-school care, parental empowerment services and youth initiatives.
SkolaSajf is an six (6) week-long programme for children between three (3) and eleven (11) years of age, offered during summer holidays in state schools in Malta and Gozo.
The eSkills Malta Foundation has the overall objective to increase digital skills in students by delivering Robotics Sessions. Children gain many advantages from learning robotics. Children can learn about programming and STEM ideas through the fun and interactive topic of robotics in the Robotics classes. Students learn problem-solving skills using robotics. Robotics encourages imagination and curiosity. Robotics prepares children for a world where technology rules. Robotics is a discipline that successfully integrates engineering, programming, creativity, and problem-solving to provide an interactive toy for kids to use.
In this respect, the Foundation looks forward for proposals for the delivery of the Robotics session.
SkolaSajf will run between 17th July till 11th August and 21st August till 1st September.
3. Selection and Award criteria:
The selection criteria for the delivery of the Robotics sessions shall be dependent on:
a) Completeness of the robotics sessions in line with the Foundation’s vision and scope described in Article 2 above. Applicants are required to fill in the session’s TEMPLATE completely in detail.
b) Availability of Robotics to be used for sessions.
c) Proficiency of the Trainers. The persons delivering the training courses/events should preferably have at least an MQF Level 5 qualification in the subject matter and must preferably have teaching experience. Applicants are required to fill in the attached EXPERT FORM Template completely in detail.
Once the Robotics sessions are shortlisted, the award will be based on the following.
i) The completeness with the Scope described in Article 2 above.
ii) Cost of the Robotics Sessions. Cost including Taxes/Charges, other Duties and Discounts but EXCLUSIVE of VAT. This Call for Quotations criteria will be based on the cheapest compliance.
4. Instructions to Economic Operators
Responses are to be straightforward, clear, concise and specific to the information requested. For submissions to be considered complete, Training Providers must provide all the requested information mentioned in this document.
All submissions will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Participation is free. Bids cannot be modified once submitted and can only be subject to clarifications issued by the Foundation.
This Request for Quotation is being issued under the provisions of Regulation 103 of the Public Procurement Regulations (S.L. 601.03).
The response must include the following information by using the attached template marked Annex A
• Training Provider Name
• Reference (to be designated by training provider)
• Session Name
• Duration of Robotics sessions
• Main contents of the Robotics sessions
• Expert/Trainer Qualifications (Please fill in EXPERT/TRAINER Template)
The Estimated Procurement Value for this Call for quotes has been based on comprehensive research including appropriate financial analysis. In the context of this procurement, the maximum estimated Procurement Value, based on market research, is of € 5000 excluding VAT.
6. Therefore, the published Estimated Procurement Value is not restrictive and final on the Contracting Authority. Economic Operators are free to submit financial offers below the maximum Estimated Procurement Value. However, the Contracting Authority reserves the right to accept or reject Financial Offers exceeding the Estimated Procurement Value.
7. Terms and Conditions
- The Robotics Sessions shall be organised and delivered for the duration of 6 weeks between 17th July till 11th August and 21st August to 1st September.
- The Robotic sessions shall take place in all the SkolaSajf Centres in Malta (approximately 30 Centres in total)
- Two (2) daily Robotics sessions per centre
- Each session will be of a duration of one ( 1 )hour.
- Sessions are to target children from the ages of 6 to 11 years.
- The Training Provider must take care of logistics and equipment related to the event. FES to provide a venue for sessions.
- The Training Provider will make use of their own equipment and must follow all procedures as dictated by law.
- The eSkills Malta Foundation has the right to accept, limit or refuse any session proposal submitted. In particular, the Foundation has allocated a specific budget for the project, and due to this, the Foundation will select the most advantageous sessions that address the criteria.
- The robotics session must be specifically delivered for the eSkills Malta Foundation and SkolaSajf
- eSkills Malta Foundation shall keep content in strict confidence.
- The Foundation will be funding this initiative in its totality.
Your response to this Call for Quote (RFQ) should be made valid Offers are to be made valid up to a minimum of 200 days, and should be sent through electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by the 10th April 2023 end of business. Late applications will not be considered. Any clarifications may be requested at the same email address no later than 5th April 2023. Relative responses shall be made public on the same website of this CFQ.
8th March 2023
7. Therefore, the published Estimated Procurement Value is not restrictive and final on the Contracting Authority. Economic Operators are free to submit financial offers below the maximum Estimated Procurement Value. However, the Contracting Authority reserves the right to accept or reject Financial Offers exceeding the Estimated Procurement Value. Terms and Conditions
The Training Courses, sessions and events must follow the Terms and Conditions listed below:
a. The Robotic Sessions shall be organised and delivered for the duration of 8 weeks between July 2023 and September 2023.
has been amended to read as follows:
a.The Robotic Sessions shall be organised on a daily basis and delivered during the following period:
17th July till 11th August and 21st August till 1st September.
Click here for Amendment
Clarification Number 1 received on Monday 6th March
6th March 2023
Dear E-Skills team
I just saw this proposal, but wanted to point out that the exact number of sessions required is unclear. I am assuming you are budgeting for 60 sessions TOTAL, but the wording might be interpreted as meaning that there should be 2 sessions daily in EACH of the 30 centres. Clearly this is a huge difference. I suggest you add some additional working to clarify that the total number of sessions is 60.
In view of the Amendment to the RFQ kindly note that the number of sessions would be as follows:
2 sessions of 1 hour each daily. Total number of centres to be covered is approximately 30. Consequently, the total number of 1-hour sessions would be
17th July till 11th August – 20 days x 2 – 40 sessions
21st August till 1st September – 10 days x 2 – 20 sessions
Total 60 sessions
Click here for Clarification
CLARIFICATION NUMBER 2
Reference: CALL FOR QUOTE (CFQ) FOR THE DELIVERY OF ROBOTICS SESSIONS DURING SKOLASAJF 2023
We kindly request the following clarifications:
1.To Prepare Content (Article 3) – Please clarify if All 6 Themes must be included in same 1-Hour Robotics Course Sessions suitable for ages 6-11.
Yes, the service provider must endeavour to cover the essence of all themes. We understand that each session lasts one hour, but we also understand the sessions should exhibit all the themes in a free-flowing fun way.
2. To Establish the quantity of equipment needed – Please clarify Target Number of Students Per 1-Hour Session.
The Foundation for Educational Services (FES) determines the number of students however, this is typically restricted to one class per session of around approximately 20 to 25 students.
3. To Plan Logistics & Scheduling – Please clarify if WE can set our own Timetable of the 1-Hour Sessions in 30 Centres over the 8 Weeks (July – September).
The length of the sessions has been agreed upon with FES. Each daily session will start at the same time every day. Refer to Modification Number 1 of the RFQ for the precise duration of SkolaSajf.
4. Re: Two Daily Sessions per centre / Two sessions per day for eight weeks – Please clarify the EXACT Number of 1-Hour Sessions expected in EACH of the 30 Centres over the whole 8 Week Period.
Please refer to Amendment Number 1 and Clarification Number 1 of RFQ. To clarify further, each Centre will have two daily sessions only once during the period of SkolaSajf.
5. Re: Cost of Sessions (1-Hour Each EXCLUSIVE of VAT) – Please clarify the TOTAL Number of 1-Hour Sessions expected in ALL 30 Centres over ALL 8 Weeks stated.
Please refer to Amendment Number 1 and Clarification Number 1 of RFQ.